Swarm may collect a variety of personal data about you in a number of ways. Depending on how you interact with our website, we may collect the following personal information about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Personal data you provide directly. We may collect the following personal data that you provide directly to us, such as when you access our website, establish a user account with us, register our products, or otherwise give us your contact details. You may also choose to submit personal data to us via other methods, e.g., in response to marketing or other communications; through social media or online forums; through participation in an offer, program or promotion; in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us; or by giving us your business card or contact details at trade shows or other events. Such information may include:
- Email address
- Physical address
- Phone number
- Employer/company information
- Social media profile information
- Interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses
- Personal data we collect from other sources. We may supplement personal data we have collected with information from third parties or other publicly available sources, such as contact information, social media profile information, and interests. We may combine information obtained from other sources with information we have collected about you through other means. From time to time, we may offer referral programs to refer prospective customers to us. Please refer a prospective customer and provide their personal data to us only if you have their permission. If you later find out you did not have such consent, please inform us as soon as possible.
How and Why Do We Use Personal Information?
- To understand what may be of interest to you, deliver relevant website content to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the content.
- To improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences, and to create new products, features, and services.
- To administer our website and provide you with technical support (including troubleshooting, reporting and hosting of data, and data analytics).
- To secure our website and products/services.
We may also aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through our services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device. Such aggregate/anonymous information may be used for any purpose, at our discretion.
With Whom Do We Share Personal Information?
Protecting your personal data is important to us and we neither rent nor sell your personal data to anyone. We may, however, disclose or transfer your personal data in certain circumstances, including:
- Where required by applicable law, we may also need to transfer your personal information to government agencies and regulators (e.g., tax authorities, courts, and government authorities).
- If we sell, merge or reorganize our company, we expect that the personal information that we have collected will be transferred to the surviving or acquiring entity in accordance with applicable law.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and/or any other agreement that governs the sale, use or purchases of our products and/or services; and
- To protect the rights, property, or security of Swarm, our employees, our users and/or others.
Legal Bases for Use of Your Information
Where we act as a data controller of personal data belonging to residents of the EEA+, our legal bases for using your personal data are as follows:
- Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you (for example, to comply with the terms of service of our websites which you accept by browsing the websites/registering; and/or our contract to provide our Services to you).
- Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our websites, operate our business, make and receive payments; comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights).
- Where we have your consent, as permitted by applicable law.
Retention of Your Information
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and used it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
How Do We Protect Personal Information?
We have put in place technological, physical, and administrative procedures to protect your personal information and deal with any suspected breach of your personal information. Nevertheless, although we have tried to make our products and services secure and reliable, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted over the Internet (including to or from us) cannot be guaranteed. We therefore urge you to exercise caution when conveying any personal data over the Internet. You should also recognize that your use of the Internet and any other means of communication with us is solely at your own risk.
Your Privacy Rights
Depending on your jurisdiction of residence, you may have legal rights with respect to your information, such as the right to access, update, or erase certain personal information that we have about you, or restrict or object to how we use it. To exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need to request specific information from you to help us make sure the request is coming from you and not someone who has no right to receive your information.
We will consider all requests and provide our response within any time periods specified by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation.
If you are a California resident, please see our California Privacy Notice below for more information about your rights.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites, which may have privacy policies or notices that differ from ours. We are not responsible for the collection, processing, or disclosure of personal information collected through other websites.
California Privacy Notice
When we process personal information provided by our customers, Swarm acts as a “service provider” (as defined under the CCPA). In that capacity, we only process and transfer the personal information of our customers and our customers’ end-users for the purpose of performing our rights and obligations under our existing contract(s) with our customers and for no other commercial purpose.
If you are a resident of California and have applied for a position at Swarm, we may collect and use your Personal Data for human resources and business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment as well as for future roles that may become available, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, ensuring compliance with legal requirements including diversity and inclusion requirements and practices, conducting background checks as permitted by applicable law, protecting our legal rights to the extent authorized or permitted by law, or emergency situations where the health or safety of one or more individuals may be endangered. Your Personal Data may be accessed by recruiters and interviewers. We use third party service providers to provide a recruiting software system. We also share your personal data with other third party service providers that may assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing, and improving our recruiting practices.
Swarm has not sold personal information, as “sell” and “personal information” are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, in the preceding 12 months.
If you have questions, you may contact us at email@example.com.
California “Shine the Light” Disclosure
The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to opt out of the sharing of certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.